If you’re preparing to go duck hunting, you need to make sure that you have the best camo and blind to keep you as undetected as possible. But, make sure you also pack a marsh seat.
A marsh seat, as its name suggests, is a small stool that you set up for hunting ducks. It enables you to hide behind vegetation while sitting in low water or marshes.
A marsh seat will ensure that you are better concealed when preparing to shoot ducks, while keeping you off your feet and comfortable during long hunting sessions. Here’s our guide to the three best marsh seats for duck hunting.
Best Marsh Seats – Reviews & Buying guide for 2022
Editor’s Choice: Avery Marsh Seat-BTML
- Material: Aluminum
- Included Components: Marsh Seat-BTML
- Color: Bottomland
You need to be both undetectable and comfortable when hunting ducks in marshes, so this Avery marsh seat is the perfect purchase. It’s adjustable, so you can quickly change its height from 27 to 37 inches.
To increase your level of comfort outdoors, this Avery marsh seat is padded. This will prevent you from getting a sore back after hunting.
You won’t have to worry about this marsh seat sinking into the ground either, thanks to its sink-proof and retractable feet.
Although it’s built to be durable, it’s also lightweight, so it’s easy to carry around with the rest of your hunting gear. It weighs approximately 3.90 pounds.
This hunting seat is built to last for several years, as it’s made of synthetic materials and is designed to be sturdy, so it won’t wobble when in use either.
- Durable. Made of polyester and rust-proof aluminum.
- User-friendly. Easy to set it up, even in the dark.
- Retractable feet
- Foldable—when not in use.
- Shoulder strap. Portable and easy to carry.
- Flips sideways. Fits easily into a hunting bag.
- Mud accumulates—on the seat’s folding feet.
Runner Up: Avery Marsh Seat-MAX5
- Material: Polyester
- Included Components: Marsh Seat-MAX5
- Color: Max-5
This Avery marsh seat is slightly different from the previous seat. It has a Max5 camo pattern with earthy colors, so it’s less visible in hunting environments. This is a camo type that’s renowned for waterfowl hunting.
It has many of the same features as the previous Avery marsh seat, it’s made with polyester and rust-proof, fluted aluminum. It also has a shoulder strap and can be adjusted from 27 to 37 inches high.
When your hunting session is over, you can easily fold it up as it’s highly compact and portable.
- Good height range. You can sit in the water.
- Lightweight. Easy to carry, weighing approximately 4.6 pounds.
- Locks in place. You don’t have to worry about it wobbling around when in use.
- Feet included. Which prevents it from sinking into the mud.
- Easy to set up. You don’t have to assemble it before use.
- Minimal padding. Not ideal for long hunting sessions.
- Discomfort. If you’re a larger person, you might experience discomfort when using it.
- Clicking noises—when set up.
Best Value For Money: Cupped Waterfowl Marsh Hunting Seat
- Material: Neoprene
- Included Components: Hunting Seat
- Color: Realtree Timber Camo
This marsh seat has been designed by professionals and makes use of high-quality materials. If you’re looking for an affordable but comfortable marsh seat, this one is perfect.
It has a padded neoprene seat cover that’s not just strong and comfortable but also resistant to moisture, so it’s ideal for hunting ducks around wetlands and in water.
Neoprene has many benefits. It’s resistant to water, solvents, and heat, so it will last for several years. It’s also designed with high-tensile strength, which makes it ideal for regular hunters.
- Portable. It comes with a carrying strap.
- Adjustable shoulder strap.
- Foldable. Folds up completely flat, easy to store and carry.
- Realtree Timber camo.
- Adjustable. Can be adjusted by up to 36 inches, ideal for a variety of hunters and perfect if you’re hunting in a group.
- Compact. Length of 23.54 inches, shorter than other marsh seats.
- Uncomfortable. Triangular shape, so not as comfortable for long sessions compared to a square-shaped seat.
Marsh Seats For Duck Hunting FAQ
Now that we’ve seen three of the best marsh seats for duck hunting, you might want to know a bit more about these seats. Let’s take a look at some of the common questions about them.
How to choose a marsh seat for duck hunting
If you want to purchase a marsh seat to boost the effectiveness of your duck hunting endeavors, there are some important features to look out for. Here’s a rundown of them:
- Compact design. You want a marsh seat to be as compact as possible. It should be easy to carry around, so make sure it’s lightweight and folds up so that it can be stored easily when not in use.
- Ease of use. You need to ensure the marsh seat is user-friendly. It should be set up within seconds and not require any assembly. It should also have feet that prevent it from sinking into wet or muddy ground.
- Camo pattern. Make sure that the marsh seat has a camo pattern so you won’t be easily detected. It’s essential to find a pattern that will match your camouflage clothing and environment.
- Height adjustment. It should be adjustable so you can use it at the best height to keep you concealed. Check the height adjustment range offered so you get one that will be the most viable for your needs.
- Seat shape. A triangular seat will be less comfortable for longer periods of use, so consider the usual time of your hunting session before purchasing.
How long do hunting marsh seats last?
A hunting marsh seat can last for several years, but to increase its lifespan you should ensure that you purchase a seat that’s built to be as durable as possible. Here are some features that will ensure it lasts for a long time.
- Durable materials. If your marsh seat is made from materials such as polyester or neoprene, it will last for a long time. Both of these materials are resistant to wear and tear. This is important to consider because you’ll be using the marsh seat outdoors.
- Rust-proof construction. Another important feature that will make your marsh seat last for longer is metal parts that are resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Ease of use. Choosing a marsh seat that’s easy to set up and fold up isn’t just about making your life easier when you’re outdoors, it’s also a sign of durability. The fewer parts you have to move to use the marsh seat, the less pressure will be placed on them, increasing its lifespan.
If you’re going duck hunting, you need to ensure you bring a marsh seat. This is a compact and comfortable seat that will enable you to hide in your environment and have a more advantageous position when hunting ducks near or in the water.
In this guide, we’ve provided you with three of the best marsh seats for duck hunting. We’ve looked at their pros and cons so you can choose the best one for your next hunt.