Coyote hunting is a prevalent sport that requires extreme dedication, concentration, knowledge, and out-of-ordinary hunting skills.
However, even seasoned hunters need that one piece of equipment to triumph every hunting expedition- a high-quality coyote call.
Since hunting these coyotes can be challenging, especially at night, having a coyote call can help lure the game near the shooting field range.
With the rising popularity of such calls, the market is now flooded with a myriad of coyote calls.
However, not every call is compelling or produces authentic sounds that fool any cunning coyote. Thus, we have curated a list of handpicked coyote calls that are better than the rest, pass our quality check, and are easy to use!
Best Coyote Calls – Reviews & Recommendations for 2023
- Icotec GEN2 GC300 Coyote Call
- FOXPRO Shockwave American Made Electronic Predator Call
- iHunt – Electronic Predator Call with Decoy
- FOXPRO HammerJack
- iHunt Ultimate Electronic Game Call
- Cass Creek Ergo Predator Call
- Maestro Game Calls Western Rivers WRC-GC25-PDT Mantis
- Cass Creek Mega Amp 20X Predator Call
- Primos Coyote Bear Buster Call
- Quaker Boy – Coyote 2 Pack
Best Overall: Icotec GEN2 GC300 Coyote Call
Our editor’s choice product, The Icotec GEN2 GC300 Coyote Call, is genuinely an ideal electronic call unit that is reliable and packed with features. Its simple operation and non-cluttered body design allow newbies to use the product efficiently.
Hunters can easily lure their game with a 300-yard remote range while the bump on handles makes mounting on branches a breeze. Additionally, you can play two sounds simultaneously and use the backlit buttons for night hunts. Most hunters find it difficult to operate a caller unit at night, but the bright backlight buttons view the calls even at the darkest hour.
The tripod mount and swivel antenna work in unison to help spread the volume to the farthest area. We were genuinely impressed with its decoy activation/deactivation button on the remote, allowing you to stop or start the calls as per your requirements.
Lastly, consider purchasing a pack full of lithium batteries as this power-packed coyote caller requires 4 AA batteries while its remote requires 1 AA battery.
We were certainly impressed by the durability this Icotec GEN2 GC300 Coyote Call offers. The hardshell outer cover can take up a lot of beating without breaking or cracking.
Number of sounds
The manufacturer has equipped this product with 12 professional multi-species quality audio calls to lure even the smartest coyote.
The product weighs around 1.64 pounds and offers decent portability.
- It has an impressive 300-yard remote range.
- You can use the call/pause button to start where you left off.
- It has a sturdy tripod mount for optimum call volume distribution.
- The unit is equipped with remarkable battery life.
- Hunters can play two sounds simultaneously.
- Customers get to experience high-quality animal sounds.
- This particular unit has a limited number of sounds.
- The device is not programmable, and one cannot add more sounds at their convenience.
Runner-up: FOXPRO Shockwave American Made Electronic Predator Call
Our second pick, The FOXPRO Shockwave Electronic Predator Call, is a complete call sound system packed with powerful functions. We can assure you that this unit is one of the best electronic calls on the market. The item comes with 100 pre-installed sounds; however, you are free to expand your sound library up to 1000 sounds, thanks to its 4GB internal memory.
This beast comes fully loaded with four movable speakers – two horn speakers and two tweeters for the loudest volume benefit. Additionally, hunters can add an extra set of external speakers with their two external jacks at the front. You can even adjust the volume capacity based on your terrain.
The product is proudly made in the USA with stringent quality control for passionate hunters. Its remote comes equipped with a high-quality LCD screen and other readings like a barometer, temperature, and moon phase indicator.
The external speaker set is quite durable, and its remote can handle rough usage quite easily. The LCD screen doesn’t crack or break even if you hit it on the ground.
Number of sounds
The system comes with 100 high-quality sounds of various species. Moreover, you can add a total of 1000 songs.
This coyote caller weighs 3.9 lbs. with batteries, so it indeed isn’t the most lightweight unit out there.
- The device can hold up to 1000 sounds.
- It even comes with 100 pre-installed animal sounds.
- You can attach a decoy with its decoy attachment feature.
- A fully remote control device.
- Hunters can experience an LCD screen.
- The caller comes with four movable ultra-loud speakers.
- The unit is highly programmable.
- You can check the temperature, barometer readings on the screen.
- It comes with FOX PITCH, FOX DATA, FOX FUSION, FOX MOTION modes.
- This coyote caller setup is bulky to lug around.
- It is undoubtedly more expensive than most callers.
Best Value for Money: iHunt – Electronic Predator Call with Decoy
iHunt – Electronic Predator Call with Decoy is one of the smoothest running Bluetooth decoys on the market. The decoy allows you to control it via your smartphone for added comfort.
This electronic decoy has a 50-yard range to attract and lure your coyote with ease. This unit comes equipped with a dual blast speaker system that is undoubtedly loud and produces a high volume for better results. The volume can go up to 110 decibels which are bound to cut through any weather conditions.
It also has a lifelike moving tail that makes the caller look like a real decoy. It also has over 200 calls for predator hunting at all times of the day. Additionally, one can create an unlimited number of playlists of any duration. This playlist feature is a blessing as you can make a playlist of assorted animal sounds and use it on your every hunting trip.
You are bound to receive a robust decoy caller that has a weather-resistant speaker for added durability.
Number of sounds
Users can access over 750 sounds from 59 national, international, and exotic species.
The unit is easy to carry as it weighs nearly 2.94 pounds.
- The app has an assorted range of 750 sounds.
- Hunters can use the Solunar tables, weather, compass, and other hunting tools.
- The decoy has a broad platform for unmatched stability for uneven terrain.
- You can carry the decoy caller anywhere because of its lightweight nature.
- This call gives you the comfort of using your phone as a remote.
- You can use its lifelike moving tail to attract the game.
- The decoy doesn’t work without a device with Bluetooth connectivity.
- Compulsory subscription-based app to access sounds.
Alternative: FOXPRO HammerJack
Our first alternative, The FOXPRO HammerJack, is a relatively user-friendly electronic caller with a decoy. Hunters can use their 100 free animal calls for a hassle-free hunting experience.
The dual amplified speakers throw excellent loud and crystal clear sound, and its front speaker produces high-pitched sounds while the rear cone speaker generates low-frequency sounds for an ideal coyote caller unit.
Apart from its robust physical features, the device comes with an equally powerful three-year warranty. What’s more, the product is entirely USA-made!
FOXPRO Inc. is known for its high-quality, durable hunting products, so this model also features the same durability.
Number of sounds
The device comes with 100 pre-installed sounds, but users have the freedom to create a sound library with a total of 300 sounds.
This 2.5 lbs (with batteries) unit is comparatively lightweight and offers decent portability.
- This coyote hunting caller is lightweight with great portability.
- The product comes with a three-year limited warranty.
- The call is comparatively sturdy and made in the USA.
- Dual-amplified horn and cone speakers.
- You can fit in a total of 300 animal sounds.
- The operating range of 200 yards is ideal for luring any game.
- The unit produces crisp, clear, and realistic sounds.
- The device isn’t waterproof.
- The unit has very moderate battery life.
- It uses 8 AA batteries.
Alternative: iHunt Ultimate Electronic Game Call
This iHunt Ultimate Electronic Game Call is a perfect companion for young hunters who wish to steer clear of bulky equipment. The product is relatively lightweight and weighs around 1.54 pounds, and their app allows you to operate the speaker via Bluetooth connectivity.
Additionally, you can get access to over 750 animal calls for hunting at any season. Its solid speakers are bound to lure all coyotes near the area, while its reliable circuitry keeps the device safe in harsh weather.
Apart from the animal calls, you can access the lunar calendar, temperature, compass, and other features for a successful hunting expedition.
We highly recommend this product for harsh climate hunting. The product is constructed with rugged materials and has a weather-resistant coat and quality circuitry.
Number of sounds
Hunters can access a wide range of 750 animal calls of 59 species at the tip of their fingers.
This caller is one of the most lightweight units for hunting coyotes. The product only weighs 1.54 pounds while offering outstanding durability.
- The unit is priced great for the quality.
- It is extensively robust and features a sturdy exterior.
- The lightweight features indeed make the product easy to carry.
- The speaker has over 750 animal sounds.
- The app supports Android and iOS devices.
- Users aren’t thrilled with its connectivity power.
- The speaker has a subpar sound quality.
- This device can only connect one device at a time.
Alternative: Cass Creek Ergo Predator Call
The Cass Creek Ergo Predator Call is straightforward to use, thus providing reliable usage for old and novice hunters. The limited number of calls is ideal for hunters who get confused with unnecessary sounds. Its ergonomic design fits the palm, and uninterrupted sounds require no constant button presses. We highly recommend this hunting unit if you are looking for a primary caller for hassle-free hunting sessions.
Since the device is handheld, it won’t interact much with the natural elements. But the construction is reasonably robust with its toughened hardshell.
Number of sounds
The coyote caller is equipped with five basic calls needed for hunting. Each device comes with Coyote Howl, Cottontail Rabbit, Jackrabbit Distress, Pup Yips, and Fawn Distress sounds.
This handheld device of 7.04 ounces is exceptionally lightweight.
- This coyote caller is exceptionally portable.
- The product is fully functional with 20 years of call-making experience.
- Hunters can lure their game with authentic animal sounds.
- The unit is perfect for novice and seasoned hunters alike.
- The ergonomic fit ensures no pain and slip.
- This device plays any call for mere 10 seconds. Users are required to push the button frequently.
- The product features a limited number of animal sounds.
Alternative: Maestro Game Calls Western Rivers WRC-GC25-PDT Mantis
Western Rivers WRC-GC25-PDT Mantis is ideal for hunters who enjoy slim and compact hunting gear. This unit comes with 25 pre-load calls for hassle-free coyote hunting. The other pivoting legs allow the users to place the device comfortably on any terrain. Its 4-way rubberized keypad is built for rough use while the side grips allow excellent hold.
Get ready to be stunned by its 105DB sound output that will pique any coyote’s curiosity. Lastly, the LCD screen with backlight settings allows easy menu navigation even in low-light environments.
This product is sufficiently durable, while its rubberized grip gives added protection.
Number of sounds
Hunters can access 25 pre-installed sounds to attract coyotes at all times of the day.
This portable coyote caller is 3.53 ounces and makes a perfect companion for compact hunting enthusiasts.
- The device is exceptionally compact to store and use.
- Fewer buttons make it possible to use without any confusion.
- The voice is sufficiently loud, crisp, authentic.
- Backlight LCD screen for low and no light conditions.
- Hands-free use with a random sound repeat option.
- The tiny screen can be comparatively hard to see.
- Users cannot add extra sounds of their own.
Alternative: Cass Creek Mega Amp 20X Predator Call
This super loud Cass Creek Mega Amp 20X Predator Call is a fully functional handheld predator call for coyotes. Its comfortable spotlight grip helps you keep a steady grip while moving the product in all directions. This handheld device features 20 inbuilt calls that sound extremely real without any metallic undertone.
Its portable size is ideal for taking on any hunting expedition irrespective of the season and time of the day. Its loud 120+ decibel sound quality can attract any coyote hiding in a far radius. It is a perfect device that gives you an exceptional hunting edge without breaking the bank. Its clip-on belt adds an extra layer of protection and storage option.
Additionally, its weather-resistant call is perfect for any novice or experienced hunter. Lastly, its hunter brown finish blends exceptionally well into the surroundings.
The hard-shelled plastic body is very sturdy; however, be careful as the product does not have any rubberized handles or grips.
Number of sounds
This handheld unit has 20 inbuilt sounds perfectly curated for all hunting needs.
The product weighs 15.38 ounces and is comparatively lightweight to carry everywhere.
- The product’s easy one-hand control makes hunting effortless.
- The Cass Creek Mega Amp 20X Predator Call is thunderous with crystal clear sound.
- Its weather-resistant circuitry allows hunters to use this device in all weather conditions.
- The camouflage plain brown blends perfectly in the woods.
- This handheld coyote call is unbelievably portable.
- The device has comparatively tedious navigation.
- The belt clip is of subpar quality and tends to break easily.
Alternative: Primos Coyote Bear Buster Call
Primos has been known for its high-quality and reliable hunting calls for many years. The product is designed, constructed, and tested for rugged use in the harshest and most brutal environment.
Its simple design and product style fits every walk of life. Recreational users, casual hunters, or even professionals can use this call instrument to make their hunting expeditions successful.
You can change the volume modulation by blowing extremely hard or soft according to your needs and hunting requirements. The product is indeed pocket-friendly money as well as size-wise.
Since the product is comparatively smaller than regular calls, it is durable and made for rugged use.
Number of sounds
Primos Coyote Bear Buster Call produces a distress bleat of a young deer which attracts coyotes within minutes.
This product is the lightest coyote caller unit on our list, weighing 0.64 ounces.
- It’s incredibly lightweight and highly portable.
- The product is excellent for first-time hunters and beginners.
- This coyote call doest require batteries or charging.
- This coyote call is ideal for rugged use and climatic conditions.
- The manual call can make older hunters breathless.
- The volume is meager as compared to other hunting calls.
Alternative: Quaker Boy – Coyote 2 Pack
This Quaker Boy – Coyote 2 Pack is a manual hunting call with exceptional loudness. The product comes with two calls that conveniently arrive in a single package.
The first call is an open-reed alpha male coyote howl, and the other is a high-pitched screaming cottontail. This cottontail sound magically attracts coyotes in all seasons. The pack weighs around 0.14 pounds making it the second lightest coyote call on the list.
Additionally, hunters do not have to go through the hassle of charging and batteries. One can simply carry this call in their pocket and let the product work its magic on the coyotes.
One can easily rely on its durability as it offers a sturdy body with neat finishes. Its sleeker and excellent grip makes the product even ideal and robust.
Number of sounds
One unit successfully makes two sounds, both working efficiently to catch the attention of coyotes.
This product is our second lightest coyote call from the list at 0.14 pounds. We are optimistic that hunters won’t feel any fatigue while playing this call for an extended period.
- This coyote caller includes two calls that are perfect for all year round.
- Hunters do not have to worry about changing batteries or charging the instrument.
- It is straightforward to use.
- The unit is comparatively lightweight.
- It offers a high-pitched noise.
- This manual call doesn’t cover a vast surface.
- The attachment piece tends to fall off after several uses.
Best Coyote Call FAQ
What sounds to use when calling coyotes?
Hunters must possess the incredible talent of understanding which animal sound to use when. Often all sounds have a different meaning and response rate depending on the day, climate, and breeding season of coyotes.
The most responsive and popular coyote hunting sounds are rodent, cottontail, and woodpecker distress calls. It is always a good idea to match and try your distress sounds depending on the type of habitat and its surrounding areas.
However, we recommend two sounds that often catch a coyote’s attention- a lonesome howl and a puppy distress call. A lonely wolf is a non-aggressive high-pitched howl that acts as a casual invitation.
The ring doesn’t have a pleading tone, nor does it showcase demand. Puppy distress is another excellent sound that grasps the attention of female, male, old and young coyotes.
Also read: Best Coyote Hunting Gear
What time of day is best for calling coyotes?
Coyotes are primarily nocturnal animals, so calling coyotes in the dark hours can help you get a better rate of coyote attention. The success of a coyote call also depends on the seasons.
Coyotes are forced to come out during the long days of winter and autumn, as food is scarce in those seasons. These coyotes thus mostly try to find their prey during the day.
Similarly, coyotes prefer to hunt for food during the night and early morning in the summer and spring. Therefore, before marching on a coyote hunt, it is advised to check the seasons and their behavior patterns.
With that final product, we come to an end of this buyer’s guide featuring the best coyote hunting calls of 2022. We are optimistic that our handpicked selections of coyote calls must have stirred some interest and excitement in you.
These ten high-quality calls are perfect for beginners and advanced-level hunters alike. Lastly, we recommend looking at the mentioned products to find the most ideal and best-suited call according to your needs and budget.